OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
Permanent Secretary, Secretary to the Cabinet, and Head of Public Service
Ambassador Francis Muthaura
Private Secretary/Comptroller: Mr. Hyslop Ipu
Public Communications Secretary
& Government Spokesperson: Dr. Alfred N. Mutua
Secretary, National Economic &
Social Council: Dr. Julius Monzi Muia
Principal Administrative Secretary: Mr. Sam Mwale
Secretary, Presidential Press
Service: Mr. Isaiah Kabira
Ministry of State for Internal Security & Provincial Administration
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Francis Kimemia
Administration: Mr. Kenneth M. Lusaka
Ministry of State for Defence
Permanent Secretary: Amb. Nancy Kirui
OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT
Ministry of State for Home Affairs
Permanent Secretary: Dr. Ludeki Chweya
Ministry of State for Immigration and Registration of Persons
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Emannuel Kisombe
Ministry of State for National Heritage & Culture
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Seno Nyakenyanya
Secretary, Culture: Mr. Said Athman
OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER
Permanent Secretary: Dr. Mohammed Isahakia
Secretary, Administration Mr. Caroli Omondi
Ministry of Planning, National Development and Vision 2030
Permanent Secretary: Dr. Edward Sambili
Ministry of State for Public Service
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Titus Ndambuki
Permanent Secretary, Public
Sector Reforms & Performance
Contracting: Mr. Richard Ndubai
OFFICE OF DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER AND MINISTRY OF TRADE
Permanent Secretary: Dr (Eng) Silas Njiru
Secretary, External Trade: Mr. Simon Chacha Nyangi
OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER AND MINISTRY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Samuel Kirui
Ministry of East African Community
Permanent Secretary: Mr. David Nalo
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Thuita Mwangi
Ministry of Finance
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Joseph Kinyua
Finance Secretary: Mr. Mutua Kilaka
Investment Secretary: Ms. Esther Koimett
Economic Secretary: Dr. Kamau Thuge
Ministry of Justice, National Cohesion and Constitutional Affairs
Permanent Secretary: Amb. Amina Mohammed
Secretary, National Cohesion: Dr. Kithure Kindiki
Ministry of Nairobi Metropolitan Development
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Philip Onyango Sika
Secretary, Physical Planning: Eng. John Ndirangu Maina
Ministry of Roads
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Michael Kamau
Ministry of Public Works
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Mark Bor
Secretary for Works: Mr. Gideon Mulyungi
Ministry of Transport
Permanent Secretary: Eng. Abdulrazak Aden Ali
Ministry of Water and Irrigation
Permanent Secretary: Eng. David Stower
Information & Communication
Permanent Secretary: Dr. Bitange Ndemo
Ministry of Energy
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Patrick Nyoike
Ministry of Lands
Permanent Secretary: Ms. Dorothy Angote
Ministry of Environment and Mineral Resources
Permanent Secretary: Prof. James Ole Kiyiapi
Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Kombo Mwero
Ministry of Tourism
Permanent Secretary: Ms. Rebecca Mwikali Nabutola
Ministry of Agriculture
Permanent Secretary: Dr. Romano M. Kiome
Ministry of Livestock Development
Permanent Secretary: Dr. Jacob Ole Miaron
Ministry of Fisheries Development
Permanent Secretary: Prof. Micheni Ntiba
Ministry of Regional Development Authorities
Permanent Secretary: Eng. Carey Orege
Ministry of Development of Northern Kenya and other Arid Lands
Permanent Secretary: Dr. Hukka Wario
Ministry of Education
Permanent Secretary: Prof. Karega Mutahi
Secretary, Education: Prof. George Godia
Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology
Permanent Secretary: Prof. Crispus Kiamba
Secretary, National Council
For Science and Technology: Prof. Abdirazak Shaukat
Ministry of Cooperatives Development
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Patrick Khaemba
Ministry of Industrialization
Permanent Secretary: Prof. John Krop Lonyangapuo
Secretary for Industrialization: Dr. John Musonic
Ministry of Housing
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Tirop Kosgey
Ministry of Special Programmes
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Ali Dawood
Ministry of Gender & Children Development
Permanent Secretary: Ms. Leah Adda Gwiyo
Secretary for Children Affairs: Prof. Jacqueline Oduol
Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation
Permanent Secretary: Dr. James Nyikal
Ministry of Medical Services
Permanent Secretary: Dr. Hezron Nyangito
Director of Medical Services: Dr. Francis Kimani
Ministry of Labour
Permanent Secretary: Ms. Beatrice Naliaka Wasike
Ministry of Youth and Sports
Permanent Secretary: Mr. Murugu Kinuthia, BS
Secretary, Sports Mr. Daniel K. Maanzo
Office of the Attorney General
Solicitor General: Mr. Wanjuki Muchemi
Cyrus Gituai (Internal Security)
Gerishom Ikiara (Transport)
Zachary Mwaura (Defence)
Rachel Arunga (Special Programmes)
Rachel Dzombo (Sports)
Mahboub Maalim (Water)
Advisor/Permanent Secretary in the Office of the President - formerly held by Stanley Murage
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2010 (166)
- ► 2009 (224)
- Njenga Karume, former defence minister speaks out ...
- William Ruto's conditions for resettlement of IDPs...
- Gibson Kamau Kuria: Rift Valley MPs got it all wro...
- PS appointments quite appalling
- Careful on cards issue
- Ignoring the youth does not augur well for Kenya’s...
- President should restore our hope
- Justice can see Kenya prosper
- Failure of talks on refugees alarming
- Jackson Mwalulu: Why China interest in Africa sho...
- Yes, do expand Nairobi
- Ngovi Kitau: Mungiki: Talk to them or name them a...
- Isaac Ayuma: Use of vernacular not to blame
- Minister at service for all Kenyans
- Do more to secure public sector gains
- Nancy Mburu: Leaders must tackle youth problems to...
- Grand Regency: Kenya's Next Corruption Scandal
- Kenya's New Permanent Secretaries
- Kenya's Tumbos Form a Grand Eating Coalition
- Macharia Gaitho: Politicising the public service ...
- Let talk on refugees be in good faith
- Robert Shaw: Cushion consumers from high food cro...
- Simon Peter Owaka: Minding North Kenya inspired
- Mungiki activities helping global terrorist groups...
- Michael Nyamute: Management of food crisis is a na...
- Dominic Odipo: What is the secret to Wako’s long s...
- Abdulahi Ahmednasir: Why Britain cannot lecture us...
- Ernest Mpinganjira: Ethiopia on the verge of a pol...
- Kap Kirwok: Look beyond portfolio balance
- Debt cancellation not a wise option
- IDPs fate tied to ending power play
- Tap schools talent
- The new Cabinet must resettle the displaced
- Future can only be as good as we want
- MT Akelo-Misori: Higher education system is ripe f...
- Kipng’etich Magutt: Rift Valley questions key to t...
- George N Kimani: We must demand sound leadership f...
- Enigmatic Raila: Kenya's Second Prime Minister
- Kenya's New Tumbos
- A new Cabinet is just the beginning
- Lucy Oriang': We have a government, but who’s the...
- Minister’s claim is unfounded
- CBK must sell the Grand Regency
- Kofi Annan: Reform is a task for all who want a ne...
- Make haste on tasks to improve our lives
- Rethink strategies in the fight against Mungiki
- Sort out the anomaly in Parliament urgently
- Refugees can't eat pledges
- Gabriel Dolan: It’s now harder for politicians to...
- Okech Kendo: Continued existence of ECK proof of i...
- Nixon Ng’ang’a: Pragmatism should guide take-over ...
- Don’t negotiate, but address causes
- Mungiki calls of their protests
- Nobel laureate, Wangari Maathai to negotiate with ...
- Kalembe Ndile to run for Embakasi Seat
- Mungiki: A political deal gone sour?
- Mungiki to get a cabinet post
- Get to roots of evil Mungiki
- Ibrahim Mwathane: Why the old order can't deliver...
- Alphayo Otieno: Urgent priorities for Kenya's exc...
- Wrong time for theatrics
- Ngovi Kitau: Kenya's economy is on its sickbed; w...
- Cabinet has no option but to work in unity
- Nancy Mburu: Cabinet is an anti-climax, but for pe...
- Jerry Okungu: Let us give the new coalition Cabine...
- George Kegoro And Ndungu Wainaina: Is mediation ef...
- Brute force alone won’t end Mungiki
- Mungiki Menace: Who is in charge?
- The Faces of Kenya's Tumbos
- Macharia Gaitho: Beware, Anglo Leasing and Golden...
- Kibaki and Raila have refused to listen to the voi...
- Okiya Omtatah Okoiti: Kreigler Commission is dead...
- Mungiki - This ruthless monster must be slain now...
- O.J.H. Oswago: Why are Kenyan leaders so busy cou...
- Rasna Warah: Handle the inevitable food crisis be...
- Cabinet’s here; Let’s get down to work
- New Cabinet faces economy challenge
- Cabinet must unite on reform agenda
- George Kegoro and Ndungu Wainaina: Is mediation ef...
- MT Akelo-Misori: Ongeri, Wasanga should step down ...
- Dominic Odipo: History has a lesson for us on ethn...
- Coalition Cabinet must deliver Kenyan dream
- Michael Nyamute: Conditional cash transfer and pov...
- Mungiki new strategy paralyses Nairobi transport ...
- Mungiki is Back! Paralyses Nairobi & Central Provi...
- Kenya 2008 Cabinet Named: Ali Baba & the 40 Tumbos...
- Kibaki names his cabinet today!
- We aren’t out of the woods until we get a new Cons...
- Polls inquiry a waste of time
- Ken Kamoche: Kenya is facing a poverty of leaders...
- Gitau Warigi: Without goodwill, we are headed for...
- Philip Ochieng: Kenya Elections: Media not blamel...
- Mutuma Mathiu: Two tribes in Kenya: The Marquee an...
- The buck stops with Kibaki and Raila
- Ngunjiri Wambugu: Can a Kikuyu Council of Elders p...
- Africa’s tales that make sad reading
- Njuguna Mutonya: What happened to my country?
- Emeka-Mayaka Gekara: The world must act on Mugabe...
- Cabral Pinto: What it takes to be a good leader i...
- Andrew Limo: How property rights organisation is ...
- End refugees' misery
- Peter Mwaura: An affidavit may save you the troub...
- EU report offers vital tips for poll reforms
- Kivuitu should just put up or shape out
- Barrack Muluka: The sin of political deceit must b...
- Emma Njoki Wamai: Lessons for Kenya from Botswana
- Why Kibwana's views on two centres of power are ho...
- Exam council is solely to blame
- Alex K Kamotho: Reward system for politicians and...
- Deal with cholera fast
- Lucy Oriang': It’s time to end the madness and de...
- Calls for immediate polls in bad taste
- Kipkoech Tanui: Kenya is in the grip of highly ‘to...
- Dan Okoth: Are calls for elections a distraction f...
- Raila Odinga: No need for fresh elections in Kenya...
- Gado Cartoon: Our Story So Far
- ECK role probe vital
- Cabinet impasse has robbed Kenyans of their countr...
- Leaders must put out the fires at once
- Michela Wrong: Are editorial practices on ethnicit...
- Ken Ramani: Rot and confusion galore in examinatio...
- Okech Kendo: Let Arusha tribunal live on to warn a...
- Kinuthia Murugu: We ignore youth at our own peril...
- Halakhe D Waqo: Addressing historical injustices:...
- Democracy in dire peril
- Kivutha Kibwana: here can't be two centres of powe...
- Exam scam: Findings not convincing
- Nancy Mburu: Why we must all join the murky world ...
- X N Iraki: Beyond the accord lies the hard reality...
- Macharia Gaitho: Marriage has gone to the dogs; w...
- Robert Shaw: In all ways, Kenya is facing very di...
- ODM Pulls out of the Cabinet Talks
- Alan E Masakhalia: An Open Letter to Justice Aaron...
- Alan E Masakhalia: An Open Letter to Dr Alfred Mut...
- Alan E Masakhalia: My Confession - I Miss Moi
- Is Raila about to be conned a fifth time?
- Kenya's 2008 Cabinet: Stand-off over Portfolio Bal...
- What will Mwai Kibaki's Legacy be?
- Macharia Gaitho: For the nation's sake, stop hagg...
- Peter Wanyonyi: Liberalise distribution of power
- Henry Makori: It cannot be business as usual
- Rasna Warah: Politicians must avoid gaudy display...
- Okiya Omtatah Okoiti: All Kenyans are to blame fo...
- Our MPs require a change of attitude
- ▼ April (144)
- 2012 Politics (27)
- Africa Politics and Governance Issues (3)
- Agriculture Issues (5)
- Archbishop Ndingi Mwana Nzeki (4)
- Boundary Review Commission (6)
- Census Politics (1)
- Climate and Environmental Issues (5)
- CMC Scandal (1)
- Consitution Referendum 2010 (8)
- Constitutional Reforms (33)
- Corruption in Kenya (14)
- County Governments (4)
- Daniel arap Moi (3)
- Economy and Business (15)
- Education in Kenya (6)
- Electoral Commission of Kenya (3)
- Esther Arunga (13)
- Finger of God Church (10)
- GEMA (1)
- General Election (2013) (28)
- Grand Coalition Issues (26)
- Grand Regency Saga (1)
- Health and Medical Services (3)
- ICT in Kenya (7)
- Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) (12)
- International Criminal Court (ICC) (25)
- Jaindi Kisero (5)
- Joseph Hellon (11)
- Jubilee Government (2)
- Judiciary and Legal Matters (1)
- Justice Aaron Ringera (6)
- Justice and Reconciliation Commission (TJRC) (1)
- Kalonzo Musyoka (2)
- Kazi Kwa Vijana (1)
- KCPE Results (5)
- KCSE Results (6)
- KEBS (1)
- Kengen Bond (1)
- Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) (4)
- Kenya Airways (1)
- Kenya Anti-Corruption (5)
- Kenya Football Politics (1)
- Kenya Infrastructure (1)
- Kenya National Exams (1)
- Kenya Police (3)
- Kenya Political Parties (4)
- Kenya Politicians (9)
- Kenya Uganda Railway (1)
- Kiptagich Tea Estate (1)
- Land and Property (4)
- Macharia Gaitho (4)
- Maina Njenga (7)
- Maize Scandal (7)
- Martha Karua (3)
- Mau Forest (7)
- Media and Communications (1)
- Miguna Miguna (3)
- Mungiki (14)
- Musalia Mudavadi (1)
- Mutahi Ngunyi (6)
- Mutula Kilonzo (1)
- Mwai Kibaki (7)
- Mwalimu Mati (1)
- Nairobi Star (23)
- Nairobi Stock Exchange (2)
- NEMA (1)
- New Constitution (11)
- New Constitution Provisions (15)
- Ocampo in Kenya (1)
- Oil in Kenya (3)
- Passat CMC Saga (2)
- Peeling Back the Mask (1)
- PLO Lumumba (2)
- Political Gossip (32)
- Post Election Violence (2008) (21)
- Raila Odinga (16)
- Safaricom (1)
- Society and Lifestyle (5)
- Somalia Conflict (1)
- State House Issues (1)
- Tea Farming (1)
- The Star (105)
- Thika Road (1)
- Tobacco Farming in Kenya (1)
- Tom Mshindi (4)
- Tourism Kenya (8)
- Tribalism in Kenya (3)
- Truth (1)
- Truth Justice and Reconsiliation Commission (1)
- Uhuru Kenyatta (2)
- UN Offices at Gigiri (1)
- Valeri Kimani (1)
- Waki Report (1)
- Wangari Maathai (2)
- William Ruto (8)
- World Economy and Politics (5)
A former MP from South Nyanza has turned his experience in-serving the people to good use. The Mheshimiwa is now the barman of an exclusive ...
2.0 REGISTRATION FOR THE 2012 KCPE AND 2012 KCSE CANDIDATES 2.1 The Kenya National Examinations Council wishes to inform all the 2012 KCPE...
As Kenyans reel from the incredible revelations that top television personality Esther Arunga has been ensnared in the activities of the hit...
Between presidential aspirants Kalonzo Musyoka, Musalia Mudavadi and Najib Balala, former vice-president Mudavadi stands out as the richest ...
Just when everyone thought the going would be smooth at Royal Media Services after poaching top presenters from KTN and NTV, all is apparent...
Reality show star Valerie Kimani sought forgiveness in church for getting a baby out of wedlock. The singer famed for her Spanish song Besa...
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT Cabinet Office Permanent Secretary, Secretary to the Cabinet, and Head of Public Service Ambassador Francis Mut...
Ababu Namwamba: MP for Budalangi Constituency YEAR OF BIRTH: 1975 HOME DISTRICT: Busia CONSTITUENCY: Budalangi POLITICAL PARTY: Or...
MISSION To maximize the full potential of the youth through participatory engagement that serves their needs and aspirations in building a...
FORMER TV presenter Esther Arunga, who resigned from KTN in a huff last month, is now living in The Finger of God Church in Runda with music...
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT